The Choctaw Nation is home to one of the most luxurious spas in Oklahoma— The Spa at Choctaw. This spa is a full-service destination within the renowned Choctaw Resort and Casino in Durant, Oklahoma. On offer are various treatments and services to help you relax and rejuvenate.
In this travel guide, we are sharing details about what to expect at the Spa at Choctaw. Additionally, we have included tips to ensure that you have the ultimate luxurious and rejuvenating spa experience.
This post may contain affiliate links. We may earn a small commission, at no cost to you, when you make a purchase through the links. Read our complete disclaimer here and Amazon Affiliate Disclosure here.
Choctaw Spa in Durant, OK
Address of the Spa at Choctaw: 4216 S HWY 69/75 Durant, OK 74701
The Spa at Choctaw is a 22,000-square-foot relaxation station at Choctaw Casino Durant, OK Spa Tower.
How to Get To the Spa at Choctaw
Hotel guests staying at the recently opened Sky Tower are only a quick drive away from the spa via the complimentary Choctaw Resort and Casino shuttle. For spa guests who are not staying at the hotel, you can use this route to get to the spa.
Choctaw Casino Resort Spa Hours
The spa is open seven days a week from 8:30 am- 9:00 pm and offers convenient morning, afternoon, and evening booking hours.
What to Expect When You Arrive at the Spa at Choctaw
You will sign in at the front desk of the spa. A spa staff member will lead you further into the spa and provide you with a brief tour of the amenities. The staff member will then lead you to your locker room, where you can change into the provided robe and slippers.
Note that towels are also provided.
You will have access to a private locker, and the staff member will show you how to lock and unlock it with a four-digit pin.
Before the Service
After you change into your robe and slippers, you will head over to the relaxation lounge and wait for your massage therapist or esthetician (depending on the treatment that you are getting) to lead you to your treatment room.
When in the room, they will give you a few minutes to disrobe and get under the sheet on the massage/treatment bed. The spa staff member will then knock on the door first before coming back into the room to begin your treatment.
During the Spa Service
During your treatment, you may fall asleep. Spa staff typically do not engage you in conversation. However, they will ask you if there are any parts of your body (for a massage) you would like them to focus on. They may also ask you if they need to increase or decrease the amount of pressure applied. During the session, they may ask you questions to ensure that you are comfortable.
After the Spa Service
At the end of your treatment time, the spa staff will again leave the room and give you a few minutes to get back into your robe. Once dressed and you exit the treatment room, they will lead you back to the relaxation lounge, where you can access light refreshments.
You can choose to relax in the relaxation lounge, or you can venture out and use the spa amenities. Whatever you decide to do, you have access to the spa for the entire day. Therefore, you can choose to stay until closing time. Alternatively, you can leave and come back before they close and still continue to enjoy the spa’s amenities.
The Spa at Choctaw Amenities
The spa amenities include steam rooms, hot tubs, men’s and women’s relaxation lounges, men’s and women’s locker rooms, a co-ed waterfall pool, treatment rooms including a couple’s suite for massage, and showers.
Toiletries are available within the general spa area for your use. In the showers, you will find shampoo, conditioner, shaving cream, shaving razors, and towels.
Choctaw Spa Services
The Choctaw Spa menu has a wide variety of signature services. Each treatment includes a consultation to focus on areas of need.
We enjoyed a 60-minute Choctaw Essential massage and the 60-minute Choctaw Essential Facial. Both were enjoyable experiences, and we felt uber relaxed after the treatments.
The massage treatments include deep tissue massages with essential oils designed to relieve muscle soreness, release tension, reduce stress, enhance circulation, and promote overall wellness. The licensed massage therapist will ask you what level of pressure you prefer and what areas you want him/her to focus on.
If you opt for a full body treatment, the process may involve dry brushing and a mineral bath. Body treatments improve circulation and skin texture, reduce stress, and allow deeper absorption of skincare products.
A personalized skincare analysis is included with any facial treatment. The facials detoxify and brighten to reveal smoother skin.
Nail services offered are an impressive selection of manicures and pedicures.
Makeup and Grooming
Makeup services, as well as eyelash extensions, waxing, and threading, are also available at the spa.
Hair Salon Services
The unisex salon services include shampoo, color, highlights, cuts, and styling, as well as traditional barber shaving techniques.
On-the-go treatments are available from Monday – Thursday. These are express facials and body treatments, massages, facials, and nail care. They are perfect for when you are short on time or need a quick touch-up.
Choctaw Spa Coupon
Occasionally, you can find Choctaw coupons on sites like Groupon.
Choctaw Casinos Spa Gift Card
Spa gift cards are available for purchase. They are redeemable for spa treatments, salon services, and boutique purchases.
Spa at Choctaw Shop
Spa merchandise and products are available for sale at the spa boutique.
Choctaw Spa Day Passes
You can experience the Spa at Choctaw as a Choctaw Resort and Casino hotel guest with an all-day Spa Day Pass. Note that the pass costs $35 from Monday to Thursday and $45 from Friday to Sunday. If you are a non-overnight hotel guest, the pass costs $45.
Spa at Choctaw Policies to Be Aware Of
- The spa is a non-smoking facility, and outside alcohol is prohibited.
- A 20% gratuity is added to your final bill. Keep this in mind because your check will still include a tip section. So unless you want to tip twice, leave this blank.
- For cancellations, a 24-hour notice is required for individual bookings; For group bookings, a 72-hour notice is needed to avoid a cancellation fee.
- Products for sale at the spa boutique are non-refundable.
- Spa guests must be 18 and over.
- The Spa at Choctaw does not perform treatments within the first trimester of pregnancy.
Tips For Your Spa at Choctaw Experience
- Allow at least 30 minutes before your treatment start time to arrive at the spa. This will give you enough time to fill out paperwork, change, and wait to be ushered into the treatment room. If you arrive late, your treatment time will be shortened.
- Ensure that you have a valid credit card and a photo ID for check-in.
- If you are planning a spa day for a group of 5 or more people, group packages are available.
- Pack a swimsuit to relax in the whirlpool or water after your treatment sessions.
- Schedule your reservation in advance to ensure that you get your preferred times.
- Leave your valuables at home/ in your hotel room.
- Find a four-digit pin that is easy to remember to lock your locker. Although the staff can reset the system if you log yourself out, it can be a hassle.
- Alert the staff of any health conditions you have that they need to be aware of. Some treatments may be contraindicated if you have certain conditions.
- If you will receive nail treatments, let the staff know in advance if you need any removals, e.g., gel removal, acrylic removal, etc.
- Shaving is not recommended prior to body exfoliation treatments.
- If you have a gender preference for staff who will attend to you, you can choose this when you are booking.
- Have your phone on silent (or turn it off) to avoid disrupting the peace and serenity of the environment.
- If you are a hotel guest staying at the Sky Tower, request a shuttle to the Spa Tower (where the spa is located) at the valet desk or front desk.
- You are advised to drink a lot of water after your treatment to flush out any toxins released during your treatment.
Final Thoughts About Choctaw Spa Durant, OK
If you’re looking for a relaxing spa experience, the Choctaw Spa in Durant, Oklahoma, is worth checking out. The wide array of services offered ensure that there is something for everyone.
We appreciated the friendly and professional customer service from the staff, who worked diligently to ensure we were comfortable and well taken care of.
The warm ambiance makes it the perfect place to escape the stresses of everyday life. We highly recommend the Spa at Choctaw to anyone looking for a relaxing getaway. We look forward to exploring additional treatments and services the next time we visit Choctaw Durant.
Looking to explore more of Choctaw Casino & Resort? Check out our 21 Best Choctaw Casino Tips Guide.
Also, check out our Ultimate Guide to Choctaw Durant Casino Resort here.
Also, check out our 15 Exciting Things to Do at Choctaw Casino in Oklahoma here.
To summarize, we hope you found the review and guide helpful. Whether you are considering booking a solo spa day, a couples spa date, or group spa parties of more than five people, the Spa at Choctaw has you covered. To that end, if you are ready to book your epic Choctaw Casino Resort Durant Spa experience, you can do so below.
Book Your Choctaw Casino Resort Spa Experience
You can book your spa experience directly here.
Note that a valid credit card is required to reserve your booking.
Book Your Stay at Choctaw Casino Resort Hotel
P.S. If you found this post helpful or want to save it for later, please pin it on Pinterest! Thank you. 🙂
Exploring Oklahoma? Check out our 21c Museum Oklahoma Hotel Travel Guide.