A staycation in Dallas can be a one-of-a-kind experience. Well, at least if you find the perfect location. We recently had a relaxing staycation at the renowned W Dallas Hotel. It is a luxury hotel that is known for its unique play on ultra-modern and bold Texas vibe. Without a doubt, it is a great option for a memorable staycation or weekend getaway in Dallas. In this guide, we are sharing W Dallas staycation details, specifically at their Penthouse Suite. Additionally, we are providing recommendations and tips for an epic staycation in Dallas.
This post may contain affiliate links. We may earn a small commission, at no cost to you, when you make a purchase through the links. Read our complete disclaimer here, and Amazon Affiliate disclosure here.
Now that we have the introduction out of the way, let’s get straight into the heart of the matter, why don’t we?
Interesting W Dallas Fact:
In 2019, the hotel was purchased by HN Capital Partners and Dunhill Partners, the company owned by Bill Hutchinson, who has most recently starred in the Lifetime reality TV show Marrying Millions.
Staycation in Dallas: W Dallas Location
Address: 2440 Victory Park Ln, Dallas, TX, 75219
W Dallas Hotel is located in the uptown area of Dallas, specifically the Victory Park district. This instagrammable hotel overlooks the renowned American Airlines Center, home of the Dallas Mavericks.
W Dallas Guest Rooms Options for a Dallas Staycation
The hotel has an extensive selection of accommodation options to choose from, including the following:
- Spectacular Room, 2 Queen, City View
- Spectacular Room, 1 King, City View
- Wonderful Room, 1 King
- Wonderful Room, 2 Queen
- Mega Room, 1 King, City View, High Floor
- Cool Corner Suite, 1 King, American Airlines Center View
- Fantastic Suite, 1 Bedroom Suite, 1 King, 1.5 Bathrooms, City View
- Fabulous Room, 2 Queen, City View, Low Floor
- Fabulous Room, 1 King, City View, Low Floor
- Marvelous Suite, 1 Bedroom Suite, 1 King, 1.5 Bathrooms, City View
- Wow Suite, 1 Bedroom Suite, 1 King, 2 Bathrooms, American Airlines View, City View, Corner View
- Extreme Wow Suite, 1 Bedroom Suite, 1 King, 2 Bathrooms, American Airlines View, Corner Room
We were certainly mpressed by the room and suite options that cater to a wide array of guest preferences and party sizes.
Dallas Staycation at W Dallas Penthouse Suite
As luck would have it, we were able to lock down the highly sought-after Penthouse Suite referred to as the Extreme Wow Suite. Its name is undoubtedly befitting, given that we were extremely wowed by it!
W Dallas Penthouse Suite Decor
The sheer elegance of the space, as well as the decor and furnishings ode to Texas, won us over immediately. Everything from the chandelier fashioned from twisted sisal twine to the Intricately designed metallic Texas Longhorn wall decor, as well as the cowhide-like rug, stole our hearts.
W Dallas Penthouse Suite Layout
Our suite was both cozy and spacious enough for our comfort, affording us the ‘ home-away-from-home experience that we crave during our travel escapades. The floor-to-ceiling windows allowed passage of streams of natural light, that perfectly illuminated the beautiful space.
The Penthouse suite also came complete with a game room section. This was without a doubt the icing on the proverbial suite goals cake!
W Dallas Penthouse Suite Sights
The suite’s exterior was evidently just as captivating. The city sights from the sweeping terrace, as well as the unobstructed aerial view of the American Airlines Center, were breathtaking. We enjoyed memorable moments on our suite’s terrace, on the 15th floor of one of Dallas’ most iconic buildings. We were drenched in peace, covered in privacy, despite being in the heart of the bustling city.
In essence, one of the best things about our stay at W Dallas Hotel was the Penthouse Suite.
W Dallas Hotel Restaurants For Your Dallas Staycation
The Living Room Bar
Enjoy American fare breakfast, brunch, as well as lunch menu options from the hotel lobby-based The Living Room Bar. You can choose to drink and dine at the lounge, or you opt for in-room dining. Our favorite menu item was by far the calamari!
The bar also serves a great selection of cocktails and specialty drinks.
Villa Azur Restuarant and Lounge
Villa Azur has unquestionably become a fan favorite. On the menu is French-Mediterranean cuisine, as well as an impressive selection of wine. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are served, as well as late-night entertainment.
Note that the ambiance is upscale, and a strict smart and casual dress code is enforced. Therefore, plan accordingly if you plan to dine there.
W Dallas Unique Hotel Features for a Dallas Staycation
We explored the entire property, and we were equally impressed by it all. There are a good number of public spaces for guests to enjoy.
The Pool (Wet Deck)
We can’t talk about the W Hotel Dallas without discussing its phenomenal rooftop pool in depth. Close your eyes and picture a tropical-like oasis in the heart of the city. The heated infinity pool is quite a sight to behold! We enjoyed swimming in the warm turquoise water while taking in the sights of Dallas’ beautiful skyline.
While lounging by the pool and soaking in Texas’ late spring sun rays, we enjoyed delicious snacks and cocktails from the rooftop bar. Per our observation, the pool was one of the hotel guests’ favorite common areas.
The W Hotel Dallas Rolls Royce (Dallas Staycation Favorite)
If you need to commute within the downtown area, or need a ride to the airport, W Hotel Dallas has a unique car service available for all registered hotel guests. How does a chauffeured ride around Dallas in a luxurious Rolls Royce sound?
We made sure to take advantage of the service and milked it for all it was worth. There’s something about the experience that made us feel like Hollywood celebrities. *chuckles* It was undoubtedly the best way to cruise around Dallas.
The AWAY Spa
Experience a relaxing spa treatment at the upgraded full-service spa known as the AWAY spa. New offerings at the spa include customized treatments.
Additional W Dallas Amenities
W Dallas Wedding Venue
The 33rd floor of the W Dallas –Altitude, serves as a stunning wedding venue with Dallas skyline views.
The hotel is also a great place to work at the hotel’s business center. You will have access to computers, printers, copying, fax, etc.
For your fitness, needs, you can take advantage of the fully equipped on-site 24-hour fitness center.
Events and Meetings
The hotel has you covered for your meeting and event space rental needs. There are a variety of conference and meeting rooms. Additionally, there are ballrooms available for rent for events like conferences, galas, weddings, etc.
Popular Attractions Near W Dallas for Dallas Staycation Fun
There are tons of fun things to do in Dallas that are within walking distance, or a short driving distance from W Dallas. The following are some things to do in Uptown Dallas, and in the heart of downtown Dallas.
- Take a relaxing walk to the famous Klyde Warren Park.
- Explore the Dallas-Fort Worth area’s sights such as the historic building Dealey Plaza.
- Enjoy some of the finest Dallas dining at Dragonfly Restaurant at Hotel Zaza.
- Go to nearby entertainment venues such as Dos Equis Pavillion.
- Explore Perot Museum of Nature and Science.
- Enjoy live music at the House of Blues.
- Appreciate art at the Dallas Museum of Art.
- Grab Afternoon Tea at Hotel Crescent Court or at The Adolphus.
- Explore the Dallas World Aquarium.
- Embark on a Dallas Arts District Scavenger Hunt
- Immerse yourself in the uniqueness of Bishop Arts District.
- Ride the McKinney Avenue Trolley.
- Watch a Dallas Maverick’s game at American Airline’s Center
Note that you can save 46% at 4 top Dallas attractions with City Pass.
Quick W Dallas Facts
- Check-in at 3:00 pm. Check-out at 12:00 pm. Late check-out can be arranged for an extra charge (subject to availability, amount varies.
- The hotel is arranged over 16 floors.
- Some guest rooms/ suites have connecting/ adjoining rooms, subject to availability.
- Book the Rolls Royce car service in advance, ideally as soon as you check-in.
- Pets stay free (dogs and cats only), note that restrictions apply.
- Free WiFi in public areas. WiFi and wired Internet access in rooms may incur a possible surcharge.
- Paid valet parking with in/out privileges. Self-parking is available at nearby parking lots. Wheelchair-accessible parking is available on site.
- The hotel is a smoke-free property.
- The pool is open from May to October.
- 24-hour concierge services are also available
Final Thoughts About a Staycation in Dallas: W Dallas Hotel
Dallas is a modern city with tons of hotel options. However, W Dallas Hotel is undeniably one of our favorite staycation in Dallas hotels. If we were to summarize our W Dallas stay in one word it would have to be BREATHTAKING. We were swept off our feet and transported to the epitome of luxury. But, instead of Cinderella’s carriage, ours was a Rolls Royce ride, and a much happier ending.
To summarize, as far as Dallas hotels go, W Dallas is the perfect place for a staycation. As demonstrated, it is chock-full of amenities and unique features. Additionally, it is in close proximity to some of the city’s major attractions. It is our hope that you have found this travel guide useful. Good times await at W Dallas!
Find special offers and book your W Dallas staycation package stay here.
Similarly, check out our other Dallas Hotel Guides: The Adolphus Hotel Review and Travel Guide as well as The Omni Dallas Hotel Review and Travel Guide.
P.S. If you found this post helpful or want to save it for later, please pin it on Pinterest! Thank you. 🙂
Finally, stay safe when staying in hotels. Check out our Hotel Safety Tips Guide here.
2 thoughts on “Staycation in Dallas: Luxury Penthouse at W Dallas”
Thank you for your feedback!