Hyatt Regency Frisco is a hidden gem in the vibrant North Texas City of Frisco. It is a relatively new hotel, however, it is steadily rising the ranks to become a highly sought-after accommodation option. In this Hyatt Regency Frisco Hotel review and travel guide, we are sharing tips and recommendations for a memorable stay. Additionally, we have plugged-in ideas for fun things to do in Frisco.
This post may contain affiliate links. We may earn a small commission, at no cost to you, when you make a purchase through the links. Read our complete disclaimer here, and Amazon Affiliate disclosure here.
Introduction to Hyatt Regency Frisco
Hyatt Regency Frisco- Dallas officially opened its doors to the public on June 1, 2020. The owner and developer of the hotel’s multi-million dollar construction is the renowned Sam Moon Group. It is a 303-room hotel that also includes 34 suites, and is spread over 16 floors.
The hotel is located in Frisco, Texas, approximately 27 miles from downtown Dallas. Frisco is a modern city that could quite possibly become a tourist destination to be reckoned with.
How to Get to Hyatt Regency Frisco
Address: 2615 Preston Road, Frisco, TX 75034
Travel By Air
If you will be traveling to the city of Frisco from out of town, flying may be the most convenient option. The airports that serve the greater Dallas Fort Worth area are Dallas Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) and Dallas Love Field Airport (DAL).
You can find flight deals here.
Travel By Road
For travelers within a driving distance from Hyatt Regency Frisco, the following are some route options to consider. Note that the hotel is conveniently located near the Sam Rayburn Tollway, offering easy access to the property.
You can find car rental deals here.
Our First Impression of Hyatt Regency Frisco
As residents of the Dallas Fort Worth area, we are big on engaging in local travel experiences from time to time. In our hunt for a staycation destination, we found that Hyatt Regency Frisco was the perfect setup for a local getaway.
From the moment of our grand entrance into the hotel, the friendly staff provided a warm welcome. From a visual aesthetics perspective, we were blown away by the design approach. In particular, we were impressed by the transitional modern style of the interior design with Texan twists. Additionally, the soft architectural lighting created an inviting ambiance.
Hyatt Regency Frisco Presidential Suite
There is a staycation, and then there is a staycation in a never-before-occupied Presidential Suite. Ours was the latter! To say that it was an experience befitting royalty would be quite an understatement. It was an out-of-this-world moment in time that is indelibly etched in our memory bank!
What’s The Presidential Suite Really Like?
Our “humble abode” was chock-full of luxurious amenities. Each was designed to exude a sophisticated, but cozy aura. The spacious living area featured a comfortable sectional couch, a good read-filled bookcase, and an impressive 65-inch TV. Additionally, the floor-to-ceiling windows in the living area offered sweeping views of Frisco. The living area led to an open 6-seater dining area that can also double as a workspace or bar.
Moving on to the elegant bedroom, we were lovestruck by the intricate details of the design. We were equally blown away by the floor-to-ceiling windows which let in tons of natural light. This beautifully illuminated the space. The decor was also meticulously designed and beautifully aligned with the contemporary vibe of the hotel as a whole.
Is it safe to say that a bone of contention amongst a lot of couples is sink space? Thankfully, that was a battle we didn’t have to engage in. The bathroom in the suite had Jack and Jill sinks.
Another aspect of the bathroom that we loved was the dual waterfall showers. The entire bathroom vibe was reminiscent of a high-end spa.
Hyatt Regency Frisco Additional Rooms and Suites
In addition to the Presidential Suite, there are a variety of room and suite options to choose from. The following are listed from smallest to largest size.
- Standard Room with a King Bed: This room has a king bed, work desk, as well as a separate sofa bed.
- ADA Accessible with a King Bed: This room has a king bed, a tub or roll-in shower, as well as a sofa bed.
- Standard Room with 2 Queen Beds: This is room has 2 queen beds as well as a work desk.
- ADA Accessible with 2 Queen Beds: This room has 2 queen beds, an accessible tub or a roll-in shower, as well as a work desk.
- Deluxe Room with 1 King Bed: This room has a king bed, dedicated workspace, as well as a separate sleeper sofa.
- Corner Room: This room has a King bed, sofa bed, as well as a workspace.
- Regency Suite has a king bed, a separate seating area, as well as a separate sofa bed.
- ADA Regency Suite has a roll-in shower, a separate living area, hearing-accessible functionality, a king bed, a work area, as well as a sofa.
- Vice Presidential Suite is a corner suite that has a separate seating area, one king bed, a work desk, as well as a sofa.
As has been noted, Hyatt Regency Frisco is not short on accommodation options.
Tip: Note that connecting/adjoining rooms can be requested, and are subject to availability.
Amenities in All Rooms and Suites
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- 65-inch high definition flat-screen televisions, and cable television.
- Telephone, refrigerator, coffeemaker, as well as a safe.
- Deluxe bath amenities and hairdryer
- Iron / Ironing board
- Alarm clock with Bluetooth® speaker
- Room service/ in-room dining is available for all rooms as well as suites.
Hyatt Regency Frisco Restaurants and Dining Options
Copper & Steel Table and Bar
Copper and Steel Table and Bar is a casual dining restaurant and a large lobby bar. It is located at the lobby level of the hotel.
On the menu is American cuisine, such as beef dishes, seafood, and more. Given that it serves as the hotel’s bar as well, cocktails, wines, and craft beers are also available.
You can opt to dine in one of the restaurant’s many seating areas. Alternatively, you can choose room service delivery for your meal. It’s definitely great to have options!
Steel Horse Cabana
Steel House Cabana is the hotel’s poolside bar. Menu options include lite bites, cocktails, beer, and wine.
C&S Market is Hyatt Regency Frisco’s coffee shop. Like Copper & Steel Bar, it is also located at the lobby level. Menu options include hot beverages like coffee, pastries, salads, and lite bites. It is also a great place to grab snacks.
Note that C& S Market is only available for carryout and room service orders.
Hyatt Regency Frisco Amenities
Another key point to note is that Hyatt Regency Frisco has limited, but undeniably impactful onsite amenities.
Hyatt Regency Frisco Pool
The hotel’s beautiful outdoor pool is one of its recreational amenities. It is open daily from 7 am-9 pm, season permitting.
We swam and relaxed on the lounge chairs. Later, we ventured out to the turf area for fun outdoor games. We also enjoyed drinks at the poolside bar— Steel Horse Cabana. Needless to say, we enjoyed our time at the pool immensely!
Hyatt Regency Frisco Fitness Center
Adjacent to the pool area is a fully-loaded 24-hour fitness center. Note that all hotel guests can enjoy complimentary access to it. Equipment at the gym includes spin bikes, cardio, and strength training equipment.
Hyatt Regency Frisco Meeting and Event Space
If you’re seeking meeting or event space, Hyatt Regency Frisco has you covered. There are a variety of event space options available for business as well as social events.
Ballrooms are located on the second floor of the hotel. Options include everything from a junior ballroom to a grand ballroom and everything in between. Conference space includes the Regency Ballroom, which is the largest at 12,330 square feet.
The third floor of the hotel has additional event space. There is also 1,200 square feet of turfed outdoor reception space situated on the fourth floor.
Hyatt Regency Frisco Parking
Hotel guests can enjoy free self-parking in the onsite covered parking garage. Additionally, there is an open parking lot at the front of the hotel.
Additional Amenities and Services
- Free Wifi for hotel visitors in lobby, guest rooms and restaurants
- Dry cleaning /laundry services are available
- Web check-in with mobile key
- Full-service concierge
- 24-hour front desk
- Business Center
Hyatt Regency Frisco Policies to Be Aware Of
Hyatt Regency Frisco Pet Policy
At the present time, dogs are the only pets allowed, in specific rooms only. The pet fee is $50 per accommodation, per stay. Note that only 2 dogs are allowed per room. Fees are not charged for service animals. Pets must be supervised at all times.
Hyatt Regency Frisco Check-in and Check-out Policy
Check-in is from 4:00 PM to anytime. The minimum check-in age is 21. Check-out is at 12:00 PM.
Tip: You can also check out via the TV in your hotel room/ suite.
Hyatt Regency Frisco Smoking Policy
All guest rooms are smoke-free
Things to Do Near Hyatt Regency Frisco
The following are some nearby attractions. Some are literally next door, others are within miles of the hotel.
- For an ultimate shopping destination, visit Frisco’s Stonebriar Centre also known as Stonebriar Centre Mall. It is one of the largest shopping centers in North Texas.
- Take photos at the Bronze Cattle Drive Sculptures at the Centre at Preston Ridge. They are meant to depict the dusty cattle drive trail of yesteryears North Texas Plains.
- Watch Frisco’s baseball team — Frisco Roughriders, play at nearby Dr. Pepper Ballpark.
- Explore the Frisco Discovery Center. It houses the National Videogame Museum, Sci-tech Discovery Center, as well as the National Video Game Museum.
- Watch an FC Dallas game at Toyota Stadium. It is one of Frisco’s many sports stadiums.
- Tee off at Frisco Lakes Golf Course.
- Experience an adrenaline rush while indoor skydiving at iFly.
- Learn about Frisco’s North Texas Heritage at the Frisco Heritage Museum Center.
- Tour the National Soccer Hall of Fame.
- Take the kids to Kidzania, the educational real-life city .
- Visit The Star at Ford Center. It is the complexity gaming and sports headquarters training facility of Texas legends the Dallas Cowboys.
- Explore the Museum of the American Railroad.
Final Thoughts About Hyatt Regency Frisco
To summarize, we enjoyed our stay at Hyatt Regency Frisco hotel. It is a great staycation option for local residents and a vacation choice for out-of-towners. Equally, it works well for business travelers as well. In view of our experience, it is undoubtedly one of the best TX hotels for both work and play.
In addition to its fantastic onsite amenities, the location offers easy access to nearby attractions. From a history of wagon trains and cattle drives to a bustling city with a bright future, Frisco is certainly a phenomenal destination. Hyatt Regency Frisco captures the spirit of this vibrant community of Texas.
Book Your Stay at Hyatt Regency Frisco (Promo Code Included)
To conclude, it is our hope that this Hyatt Regency Frisco Hotel Review, has been of value to you. To that end, check out this special offer for your Hyatt Regency Frisco stay. Get up to a $100 Cash Back Rebate with code REBATES22! Book by 12/31/22, Travel by 3/31/23.
P.S. If you found this post helpful or want to save it for later, please pin it on Pinterest! Thank you. 🙂
For more Hyatt Regency reviews, check out our Hyatt Regency Houston Review and Travel Guide.